British Waterways are a designated statutory undertaker for the purposes of Environmental Protection Act 1990 S 89
Land not to be treated as relevant land
4. For the purposes of Part IV of the Act, land to which the public are entitled or permitted to have access with or without payment which is—
- land other than operational land,
- land used solely for the provision of freight services,
- land adjacent to an unpaved towing path or adjacent to a pavedtowing path where the paving extends for a length of less than 1kilometre, or
- land below the place to which the tide flows at mean high watersprings,
is not to be treated as relevant land of any designated statutoryundertaker.